Friday, June 18, 2010

HomeTown

HomeTown

After weeks of commercial works, I finally have time to work on this piece. There are stil some minor alterations and editing I need to do before I'm happy, but its okay for me to show now.

Its a learning process and a phase of self-discovery as I paint this. Certainly, I'm very happy to work on this. As I paint, I began to think of my first large scale painting - "Heart of the City". I began to think of how I would approach this painting when I was then, and vice versa. Its interesting that what I would do in the past on that piece, I will not be using it here. I believe that is GROWTH as an artist.

Hope you all enjoy it.

CONCEPT: "No matter where we go, we will still come back to this place where we first make it our home.."

eMail: joshlabindustries(at)gmail.com
web: www.joshlaboratorie.blogspot.com
twitter: www.twitter.com/joshlab
Purchase this print: http://www.deviantart.com/print/24353517/?

Copyright © Joshua Tay

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Build and Sharpen your Fundamentals.

Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons