Saturday, March 21, 2009

What I did in the month of February.

In the month of February, other than the first 2 weeks, I have not been drawing much. I didn’t realize it in the beginning, but I was actually suffering from physical fatigue due to overwork. During those days, I find it frustrating that I cannot produce any concept art work at all. Even though there were ideas in my mind, painting and drawing was a chore. It led me to feel that I’m really not up to it as a concept artist. However, I make a decision to put drawing away for awhile and focus on another area. I decided to study the works of others and do some research. Now come to think about it, I felt that it was probably a wise decision that I made at that point of time.

1) As I search for artists of whom I can seek to learn how I can improve my art from, I found a particularly interesting style. It was Benjamin Zhang’s. He’s painting style using saturation colors was amazing. It was strong and yet it could always deliver a certain mood.

2) I tried study his work to find out why he did what he did and painted a few pieces here and here. It occur to me that he’s fundamentals are strong enough to be able to saturate colors impressively.

I also read about his philosphy in art, life and ladies. It was an intereresting read.

3) Early of the month I have also completed one of the artworks that I have been holding for so long. View here.

4) As mentioned previously, my comics submission (Here and here.) for Popular’s comic competition was rejected. However, I felt please with myself for completing it. It forces me to scrutinise my comic. Haha..

That's all folks!

Remember whatever we give attention to grows, whatever we focus on we get.

Thanks for reading and never stop drawing.

Warm Regards,
Joshua Tay
Concept Artist + Illustrator
Josh Laboratorie

eMail: pureprojext@gmail.com
web: link
deviantArt: link
Ah Mao's Diary(阿毛日记 ): link

Copyright © Joshua Tay

2 comments:

pebble said...

great stuff~!!

JoshLab said...

Hi Pebble,

Thank you for visiting. You have a very nice and creative blog yourself. :)

Josh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Build and Sharpen your Fundamentals.

Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons