Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Art books Collections

Hi guys,

Today I would like to share with you all some of the favorite artbooks that I've kept for the last couple of years. I'm fanatics for books, especially colorful thick books! There's name for these people but I can't remeber what do they call them.. book-o-holics? Anyway, Here's my collection...
art books

Art book

Seen anything you fancy? Let me take you through some of them..
Comics

What you're looking at are some of the favorite manga that I love due to their brilliant illustrations. Whenever I wanted to start a new collection of manga, I'll tend to purchase those which I feel have a very strong illustrative dept. They also should contain storyboard that have strong substance. They may not be my style nor will help me much in any creative ways, but the fact that they are beautiful artworks will most certainly fuel my passion to pursue excellent artworks! ^^
1) At top of the manga is Hiroyuki Asada's Letter Bee(Purple cover), the first time I came across Mr.Asada's works was in Range Murata's Anthrology, Robot 1. Although, its only a few pages, but the choics of colos and the lines were simply captivating.
2)Next, it's Hiroki Yagami's Dear Boys Act II. I've been a fan of his for quite sometime now. I like the way he portray the basketball actions and, of course, the swarve guys and beautiful girls. But really, I'm quite a fan of the main character, Aikawa.
3)Next its Confidential Assasin Troops (CAT). I'm not sure how to spell his name in English, but he have a Deviant Art which he call himself Cellar(Check out here!) To be honest, I don't have a taste for war manga, however Cellar unique style of illustrations captures the moment wonderfully. His lines are rough yet they seem as though it was presented on purpose.
4) & 5) For the last two (Air Gear & Tenjo Tenge)is drawn by the famous Oh Great! mangaka, everyone knows that he drew ladies slender and sexy; with guys strong, tough and fearsome. His artworks has a strong impact on the reader, they are larger than life!

Comics

One of the latest collection which I'm fond of is the Witchblade: First Born(On the far right.) It was illustrated by some talented comics artist in the industry. The book also marks the coming of a new rising young artist by the name of Stjepan Šejic(Check out his stunning paintings here!)). His works are breathtaking! He makes me want to work harder~! ^^

Art Magazines

Besides, art books, I also collect art magazines. Some months ago, I feast my eyes on the ImaginFX, one of the, if not the most, comprehensive digital painting magazine guide ever on the newstand! It contains lots of tips and advices from top-notched digital painters and illlustrators to date. Well, as they often says if you want to rise like an eagle, you must certainly seek advice from them and spend time with them! One of the plus about this magazine is that, they don't just teach you how to draw and paint well, they offers you practical advice on how to become successful artist out there. Artists who get paid for their excellent hardwork! ^^

Art Magazines

Besides magazines and books, there is, of course, DVDs and VCDs. I've just gotten myself Samurai 7 which was way overdue, I had to push it to purchase artbooks you see.. =P. Anyway, Samurai 7 story was one of the best, I've come to watched.

So there you have it my favorite collection! I guess the number of artbooks I have will continue to increase.. As a matter of fact, I've just bought another Korean illustration book, titled Apple Vol. 1. Its a compilation of Korea's leading illustrators and comic-artists. I was thrilled by the first looks of it! Whoo~!

I hope that mine will be amongst them soon. ^^

Regards,
Josh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Build and Sharpen your Fundamentals.

Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons Web Art Academy Fine Art Video Lessons